|SPRINGFIELD New this year are the Drama Studio's June Shorts productions, featuring five new short plays created by students during the spring semester. These unusual plays explore themes of change, power, discovery and overcoming fear, and are performed in the ensemble style of production so popular at the Drama Studio. Visit the studio's Web site at www.dramastudio.org for greater descriptions of the productions.|
Over 50 Drama Studio students will take part in the June Shorts:
• From Agawam: Jenna Bonasoni and Michaela Moreau;
• From Belchertown: Chloe Connolly;
• From Chicopee: Rachel Gallagher, Natalia Kuzmicki, Alex Labrie, Kyle Roth and Rachel Theriault;
• From East Longmeadow: Julia Adamo, Carlie Daggett, Bailey Gaines, Lukas McNamara, Drew McNary, Rieghan O'Connor, Phoebe Olin, Seth Olsen, Ellen Rosati, Zachary Seyler, Madelyn Shields and Elizabeth Timm;
• From Enfield, Conn.: Jack Carson;
• From Hampden: Rebecca Berliner, Jessie Berliner, Sara Berliner and Sarah Penna;
• From Leeds: Madeline Gionet-Svymbersky;
• From Longmeadow: Adam Acker, Sheaden Callahan, Sarah Glass, Sarah Goldstein, Gabrielle Hirschkorn, Sierra Morehardt, Nathaniel Munic, Erica Paul, Ilana Peskin, Michelle Schein, Meredith Viens, Shoshana Wintman and Lianne Zana;
• From Ludlow: Yazmeen Johnson;
• From Northampton: Chester Hardina-Blanchette and Eva-Quenby-Johnson;
• From Springfield: Alyssa Alston, Dae'Quoan Arrington, Stephanie Arzola, Sarah Brown, Nolan Cary, Roman DiVenuto, Emma Fogarty, Emma Fraizer, Angelina Gonzalez, Michael Green, Lalia Hays-Rivest, Sierra Hays-Rivest, Danielle Lessard, Jacob Mueller, Joanna Mueller, Sabrina Nichols, Nicole Pelletier, Aaron Richardson, Austin Richardson, Gianfranco Stirlacci, Austin Yelinek and Stefanie Zitka;
• From West Springfield: Jack Jonah and Tommy Schindelman; and
• From Wilbraham: Dillon Fitzgerald, Abigail Dias, Delaney Matthews, Olivia Murphy and Corina Stenning-Barnes.
Performances from June 11 to 13 will include "The Dream Tamers," "Everything's Changing" and "Labels."
Performances on June 11 and 12 are at 7:30 p.m. The Sunday performances on June 13 is at 3 p.m.
Tickets are $15 for adults and $10 for students. Call 739-1983 to make ticket reservations. VISA and MasterCard are accepted.
The Drama Studio is located at 41 Oakland St. (St. Barnabas Church) in Springfield, next to the Forest Park Library. Now in its 23rd season, the Drama Studio provides a conservatory-style acting training program for young people in the Greater Springfield area.
|5/20-8/30||Summer Internships at Playhouse on Park|
|8/2-8/29||Eloise Genest and Susanne Paquette Art Exhibit|
|8/28||At Home in the Woods Summer Camps|
|8/28||Free Program for Veterans|
|8/28||Open Mic & Jam at the 410|
|8/29||At Home in the Woods Summer Camps|
|8/29||Line Dance and Partner Dance Lessons|