Red Cross announces local April blood drivesApril 2, 2012
GREATER SPRINGFIELD The American Red Cross will host several community blood drives during the month of April.
All eligible and new blood donors are encouraged to give blood. Blood donors are needed everyday to ensure an adequate blood supply for patients in need.
In April, all presenting donors will receive a free pair of socks from New Balance. Prizes are non-transferable and not redeemable for cash.
To make an appointment to donate blood, please call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or log onto redcrossblood.org.
The following is a list of blood drives taking place throughout the region:
- April 3 University of Massachusetts, 1 Campus Center Way, Amherst, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- April 4 Cooley Dickinson Hospital, 30 Locust St., Northampton, from noon to 5 p.m.
- April 6 Holyoke Community College, 303 Homestead Ave., Holyoke, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- April 6 Wilbraham United Church, 500 Main St., Wilbraham, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- April 10 Amherst College Keefe Campus on Route 9 in Amherst, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- April 13 Monson Senior Center, 106 Main St., Monson from 1:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- April 16 Greek Cultural Center, 8 Plainfield St., Springfield, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- April 17 St. John's Lutheran Church, 60 Broad St., Westfield, from noon to 6 p.m.
- April 17 Mount Holyoke College, 50 College St., South Hadley, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- April 18 Westfield State University's Parenzo Gym on Western Avenue, Westfield, from 1 to 7 p.m.
- April 19 Western New England University, 1215 Wilbraham Road, Springfield, from 1 to 7 p.m.
- April 19 American International College, 999 State St., Springfield, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- April 20 Cooley Dickinson Hospital, 30 Locust St., Northampton, from noon to 5 p.m.
- April 23 South Hadley Public Library, 27 Bardwell St., South Hadley, from noon to 6 p.m.
- April 24 Moose Family Center, 244 Fuller Road, Chicopee, from noon to 6 p.m.
- April 24 Springfield College Judd Gymnasium, 263 Alden St., Springfield, from noon to 6 p.m.
- April 26 Jewish Geriatrics Services, 770 Converse St., Longmeadow, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- April 27 Agawam Fire Department, 800 Main St., Agawam, from noon to 6 p.m.
- April 30 South Congregational Church, 1066 South East St., Amherst, from 2 to 7 p.m.