Red Cross plans local blood drives
GREATER SPRINGFIELD The American Red Cross will host several community blood drives during the month of November. All eligible and new blood donors are encouraged to give blood. Blood donors are needed everyday to ensure an adequate blood supply for patients in need.
In November, all presenting donors are eligible to enter to win a $50 Visa gift card. There will be one winner selected each day of the month; prizes are non-transferable and not redeemable for cash. To make an appointment to donate blood, please call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or log onto redcrossblood.org
The schedule of blood drives is as follows:
- Nov. 4 Monson Develop-mental Center’s Daly Hall, 175 State St., Monson, from 1:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- Nov. 5 Wilbraham Fire Department, 2770 Boston Road, Wilbraham, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Nov. 6 Cooley Dickinson Hospital, 30 Locust St., Northampton, from noon to 5 p.m.
- Nov. 10 Tower Square, 1500 Main St., Springfield, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Nov. 11 Thorne’s Market, 150 Main St., Northampton, from 1 to 7 p.m.
- Nov. 12 Greenfield Republican Masons, 215 Munson St., Greenfield, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Nov. 15 Moose Family Lodge, 244 Fuller Road, Chicopee, from 1 to 7 p.m.
- Nov. 18 Chicopee Municipal Employees, 923 Front St., Chicopee, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Nov. 22 Burger King, 344 King St., Northampton, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Nov. 23 Holy Trinity Church, 335 Elm St., Westfield, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.; Jewish Community Center, 742 Main St., Amherst, from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.; Cooley Dickinson Hospital, 30 Locust St., Northampton, from noon to 5 p.m.
- Nov. 25 Bethlehem Baptist Church, 216 Allen St., Hampden, from noon to 5 p.m.; Agawam Fire Department, 800 Main St., Agawam, from noon to 6 p.m.
- Nov. 28 Evangelical Lutheran Church of our Savior, 319 Granby Road, South Hadley, from noon to 6 p.m.