Hand-crafted wreath is elegant touch
(Family Features) Give your holiday a personal touch by making one-of-a-kind gifts and décor items.
This project, designed by The Crafty Chica, Kathy Cano-Murillo, uses fun dimensional paints from Tulip to make a Faux Beaded Poinsettia Wreath.
Wreaths and poinsettias go together like milk and cookies during the holiday season. But what can you do to really make those flowers pop? Add some dimension with easy faux beads.
For best results, please read all instructions before beginning a project. For more great holiday projects, visit www.ilovetocreate.com
Faux Beaded Poinsettia Wreath
- Materials needed: Tulip Beads in a Bottle Paint; Semiprecious 28794; Metal 28788; 16-inch faux pine wreath; five large flocked poinsettias, clip on; and five long white feather accents
1. Hold one flower and add Tulip Beads in a Bottle Paint to each petal. To do this, hold the bottle upside down and gently squeeze until a small drop releases. Keep the drops evenly spaced. You may want to practice on a spare piece of cloth before working on the flower. As far as color, you can choose if you want all gold or all red Tulip Beads in a Bottle Paint or a combination of both.
2. When applying the dots, start by applying beads to the center area of the flower, then set it aside to dry, and repeat on the next flower. Once all the centers are dry, you can hold on to them in order to apply Tulip Beads in a Bottle Paint to the outside areas of each flower.
3. Now apply Tulip Beads in a Bottle Paint to the feathers. Let dry.
4. Assemble the flowers and feathers around the wreath to your liking.
Courtesy of Family Features