|Recognizing the importance of building a successful marriage, we want to share with you our top marriage tips. The following points are not listed in any specific order. It is our hope that these tips will help you enjoy a more rewarding marriage.|
21. Continue growing as people. We are both committed to learning, growing and achieving our personal best. This includes growing as a spouse, parent and individual. As one of us gets better, it helps the other person get better, just as iron sharpens iron.
22. Love your spouse according to his or love language. Read Joy's post titled, "Loving People the Way They Need to be Loved" to learn more about the significance of love languages.
23. Show your appreciation. In a marriage, it's easy to take things for granted. Tell your spouse how much you appreciate the little things he or she does for you. Cleaning the house, picking up the dry cleaning, walking the dog, doing the laundry, cooking dinner for the family, and fixing the leaky faucet are just a few examples. Don't let one good deed go unnoticed.
24. Be honest with each other. Once trust is lost, it is difficult to regain and this adage is especially true in marriage. Being honest also includes being honest with your feelings.
25. No holding grudges. After you work through an issue, move on and don't harbor ill feelings. We also strongly encourage you to not bring up past challenges. The past is the past. It's been years since either of us has brought up a negative issue from the past.
For those of you who are married, we want to encourage you to review this list with your spouse and discuss the steps you can both take to make to improve your marriage. If you are reading this column and you are not yet married, we strongly recommend pre-marital counseling. We suggested this to both of our married children and their spouses and they will readily tell you that it was valuable, enlightening, and set the foundation for the marriage they now enjoy.
Chris & Dan
Grateful Co-Publishers... and Loving Husbands
You can enjoy an amazing marriage, if you will focus on the little things that go into building a successful parnership.
|9/19-10/24||Call to Artists!|
|10/21||Wiggles & Giggles ( Mommy and Me Class)|
|10/21||Bereavement Support Group|
|10/21||Free Program for Veterans|
|10/21||Belly Dance Drills & Zills|