Springfield Public Forum announces new board members
SPRINGFIELD The Spring-field Public Forum, one of the nation's longest-running public lecture series, is pleased to announce the election of the following individuals to the Board of Directors:
- Simon Hong of East Longmeadow. Hong is the vice president and Retail Market manager of the Greater Springfield Region of TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank. He is responsible for the leadership of 18 stores in the region including the towns and cities of Springfield, Chicopee, Holyoke, West Springfield, Agawam, Ludlow, East Longmeadow, and Longmeadow.
He holds a Bachelor of Arts in Economics from the University of Toronto, Canada.
Hong transferred from Canada to work for the U.S. operations of TD Bank Financial Group in June of 2010. Simon and his wife Julie currently reside in East Longmeadow with their 6-yea- old son Ethan, and 2-year-old daughter Isabelle.
- Gay G. Miltenberger of Springfield. Miltenberger recently retired as treasurer of the Charles C. Lewis Company of Springfield. She lives in Springfield, and is the mother of two grown children.
- Vanessa Smith of Holyoke. Smith is a partner in the law firm of Bulkley, Richardson and Gelinas, LLP, working principally in the firm's Springfield office. She focuses her practice on representing health care providers, including hospitals, provider practice groups, managed care organizations and integrated delivery systems, in an array of regulatory, risk management, medical staff and litigation matters.
Prior to 2000, when she joined Bulkley, Richardson, she was an assistant attorney general for the State of New York, a Law Clerk for Honorable Rosemary Pooler, U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, and Assistant Corporation Counsel for the City of Syracuse.
She received her JD from Syracuse University, cum laude, and a BA in French from Wells College, Magna Cum Laude. She currently serves on the Baystate Medical Center Children's Hospital Development Council.
- Timothy Suffish, of Pittsfield. Suffish, CFA, CPA is senior vice-president for Equity Markets at St. Germain Investment Management in Springfield. He has spent his career serving clients in the investment and accounting industries. Prior to joining the St. Germain, Suffish was Vice President-Senior Portfolio Manager for Banknorth Investment Management and an investment consultant with Fidelity Investments in Boston.
Suffish has his bachelor's in Mathematics from the College of the Holy Cross and his MBA and Masters in accounting from Northeastern University. Suffish also holds the Chartered Financial Analyst designation.
- Sue B. Wilson of East Longmeadow. She is the vice-president of Marketing at PeoplesBank.
Prior to this position, she was the Marketing Director at Decorated Products and the Marketing Coordinator at Alco Equipment.
Wilson received her MBA from Western New England College, her bachelor's from Bryant University and her Associate's from Bay Path College. She and her husband live in East Longmeadow.