Breath and Life Gala award winners announced
SPRINGFIELD -- The American Lung Association of New England is pleased to announce its honorees for the 2011 Breath & Life Ball. This year, the theme of the Breath & Life gala celebration is "Bringing Napa Valley to New England" presented by Kindred Healthcare. The ball, which takes place every spring, honors individuals that have gone above and beyond for the association in helping achieve its annual goals.
This year's honorees are as follows:
- Emily Bissell Award Kathleen Szegda, chair, Pioneer Valley Asthma Coalition;
- Board of Directors Award Brian Simonds, director, Baystate Home Infusion and Respiratory Care;
- Breath of Life Pulmonary Award Dr. Francis Duda, Baystate Hospital;
- Healthy Air Award Western Mass. Electric Company (WMECO) and
- Healthy Air Award PeoplesBank
The 2011 Breath & Life Ball will take place on May 13, 2011 at the Sheraton Springfield Hotel. The honorary chair for the event is Mayor Domenic J. Sarno.
For more information about the American Lung Association of New England or to support the work it does, call 1-888-241-6566 or visit www.lungne.org
About the American Lung Association of New England: The American Lung Association of New England serves Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. We are part of the American Lung Association, the oldest voluntary health agency in the U.S. Our focus today is on healthy air, tobacco control and all lung disease, including asthma and COPD. Our mission is to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease and we do that through education, research and advocacy.