GREATER SPRINGFIELD – Joanne Sullivan, RN, Grief Specialist Forastiere Family Funeral & Cremation, will host a short presentation about the Five Wishes at various locations throughout the month.|
The Five Wishes provides a way to control something very important – how a person is treated if he/she becomes seriously ill. The wishes address a person's personal, emotional, spiritual and medical needs and is based on a human model, not a medical model. Each person has the opportunity to make the choices and those wishes will be followed by a Health Care Agent. This process is presented in a manner so everyone in that person's family knows what he/she wants. It takes the guessing and hard decisions out of a family's hands, causing less confusion at a difficult time.
The Five Wishes presentations will take place at the following locations:
• May 6 at 10 a.m. and 7 p.m. at the Agawam Public Library, 750 Cooper St., Agawam;
• May 8 at 3:30 p.m. at the Captain Charles Leonard House, 663 Main St., Agawam;
• May 13 at 1:30 p.m. at the Agawam Senior Center, 954 Main St., Agawam;
• May 15 at 1 and 6:30 p.m. at the Byron Keenan Funeral Home & Cremation Tribute Center, 1858 Allen St., Springfield;
• May 20 at noon at the Hampden Senior Center, 104 Allen St., Hampden.
Comments From Our Readers:
Login to Post a Response