On behalf of the Friends of the Agawam Senior Center and the Agawam Rotary, we wish to thank you for the success of our recent 19th Anniversary Golf Tournament on June 4 at the Agawam Municipal Golf Course, 128 Southwick St., Feeding Hills. It was a dry, fair weather day in the 70s.|
Our current report after expenses is a grand total of $6,800 in which Rotary’s share is $1,700 for their annual scholarship and the Friends of the Senior Center is $5,100. This represents four months of organizational work that culminates on tournament day!
Thanks – we couldn’t have done it without you:
• Agawam Rotary: Loren Forastiere–Kastner and Kathy Ayre.
• Senior Center and Friends: Joan Linnehan, Kristina Lynch Abbe McLane, Lucille Drewnowski, Don Sorel, Mary Hays, Pam Votzakis, Pat Murphy, Bob Kadis, Lou Massoia, Lynda Wojcik, Jim Mahoney, Ginny Walkwitz-Fish, Jack Conroy and Becky Tedeschi.
• Thanks to Betty Grimaldi for donation of a week in Hilton Head of your choice.
• Thanks to Carol Bernazki for the very delicious food and her ability to get free donations.
• We would also like to extend the committee’s appreciation to Agawam Municipal, the manager Anthony Roberto and his staff for making this year’s tournament run so smoothly.
A big thank you to all of the 86 players, including the winners.
First Place: Mark Schmidt, Steve Spencer, Dan Gacek and Jeff Gacek. Second Place: Mario Tedeschi, Dean Godek, Chris Johnson and Joe Michaud. Closest to the Pin: Andrew Sullivan and Bonnie Massoia. Sullivan also won the Dave DiRico Golf Package. Closest to the Line: John Perry and Eileen Cyr.
Thanks to all of our sponsors for their generosity: $1,000 Mario Tedeschi, Allied Flooring and Paint & Gold. Sponsor $500: Colonial Forastiere Funeral Home. $100 Bronze Sponsor: Mayor Richard Cohen, Kathy Ayer Real Estate, Letellier Law Offices, PC, Fallon Health, Doctors Express and STELLATO Brothers Landscaping.
Thank you to Tom Mathes of Bradley Car Wash for offering a coupon for a free car wash to add to our golfers goodie bag.
We’d like to thank our tee sponsors: Allied Flooring & Paint, Cohen, Ayre Real Estate, Colonial Forastiere Funeral Home, Attorney Abbe McLane, PC Doctor, Hulmes Transportation, Fallon Health, City Councilor Gina Letellier, Canary Blomstrom Insurance, Doctor’s Express, Hastie Fence Co., Pignatare & Sagan, LLC, United Industrial Service Inc., Congressman Richard Neal, G & L Tool Corp and In Memory of Paulene Paquette five-year anniversary.
Thank you to our Hole in One Sponsors: Hampden Bank and Teddy Bear Pool & Spas.
Thirty prizes were also raffled off including four tickets to the Red Sox versus Chicago Cubs on June 30 from Chris Sparks of the Agawam Park and Recreation Department. Thanks to all who donated including restaurants, other local business and individuals.
You have all given towards two very important funds in the Town of Agawam. We look forward to seeing you at the 20th annual tournament in June 2015.
Thank you for everything!
The Agawam Rotary and Friends of the Senior Center Golf Committee
Comments From Our Readers:
Login to Post a Response