|1) I had to subject the subject to a series of tests.|
2) There was a row among the oarsmen about how to row.
3) They were too close to the door to close it.
4) The buck does funny things when the does are present.
5) A seamstress and a sewer fell down into a sewer line.
6) To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow to sow.
7) The wind was too strong to wind the sail.
8) After a number of injections my jaw got number.
9) How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?
Let's face it - English is a crazy language. If the plural of tooth is teeth, why isn't the plural of booth beeth?
One goose, 2 geese. So one moose, 2 meese?
We have noses that run and feet that smell. How can a slim chance and a fat chance be the same, while a wise man and a wise guy are opposites?
You have to marvel at the unique lunacy of a language in which your house can burn up as it burns down, in which you fill in a form by filling it out and in which, an alarm goes off by going on. English was invented by people, not computers, and it reflects the creativity of the human race, which is not a race at all.
That is why, when the stars are out, they are visible, but when the lights are out, they are invisible.
Chris & Dan
P.S. If you have any cute, positive words of wisdom like this you would like us to share with our readers, please send us a copy today.
|9/19-10/24||Call to Artists!|
|9/19 (3 days)||Dress for Success Western MA "OVERSTOCK SALE!"|
|9/21||Springfield Rifles Volunteer Event|
|9/21||Faith United Church Annual Rummage Sale|
|9/21||Dress for Success Western MA "OVERSTOCK SALE!"|
|9/21||Rick Larrimore - The Ultimate Tribute to Rod Stewart|
|9/22||Beginner Line & Partner Dancing|