|Recognizing the importance of building a successful marriage, we want to share with you our top marriage tips. The following points are not listed in any specific order. It is our hope that these tips will help you enjoy a more rewarding marriage.|
16. Make family decisions together. We are a team and we make all family related decisions as a team.
17. Leave your work at work. When you come home from work, resist the temptation to talk about work, unless your spouse wants to hear about it. Instead, focus your time together on subjects of interest to everyone.
18. Be the best parent you can be. We make all parenting decisions together. We are intentional about our parenting. Your spouse's love and respect for you will grow when he or she sees you loving and parenting to the best of your ability.
19. Give your spouse freedom. We give each other the freedom to do things that give us pleasure independently. Of course, we don't always take advantage of it, but giving your spouse the opportunity to do the things he or she enjoys is important.
20. Stay out of debt. Financial stress is the number one cause of divorce. Sit down together and create a budget that you will both stay committed to and don't allow yourselves to justify spending more money than you make.
For those of you who are married, we want to encourage you to review this list with your spouse and discuss the steps you can both take to make to improve your marriage.
If you are reading this column and you are not yet married, we strongly recommend pre-marital counseling. We suggested this to both of our married children and their spouses and they will readily tell you that it was valuable, enlightening, and set the foundation for the marriage they now enjoy.
Chris & Dan
Grateful Co-Publishers... and Loving Husbands
You can enjoy an amazing marriage, if you will focus on the little things that go into building a successful partnership.
|9/17||At Home in the Woods Summer Camps|
|9/17||TRUCK STOP TROUBADOURS "The Regional Champions of Classic Country & Rockabilly Music" At The Storrowton Tavern.|
|9/17||Cleanse & Detox Class|
|9/18||"Praying Again for the First Time" Mini-Retreats with Virginia Collins-English|
|9/18||At Home in the Woods Summer Camps|
|9/18||Free Program for Veterans|
|9/18||Line Dance Lessons & Dancing|
|9/18||Open Mic & Jam at the 410|