|Recognizing the importance of building a successful marriage, we want to share with you our top marriage tips. The following points are not listed in any specific order. It is our hope that these tips will help you enjoy a more rewarding marriage.|
6. Find at least one 30-minute block of time to spend together each day. It could be in the morning before work or in the evening. During this designated time, discuss what's going on in each of your lives. We all have a lot going on, but if your marriage is a priority, spending time together should take precedence over all other activities.
7. Serve one another. Be intentional. We are both very thoughtful about the little things we do to serve each other. This is about putting the other person's needs before your own. The more you serve and meet the needs of your spouse, the more your spouse will serve and meet your needs.
8. Communicate. Effective communication is critical for any marriage to last. This is especially important during difficult periods. Learn your spouse's communication style and the way he or she needs to hear what you have to say.
9. Freedom in intimacy. You know what we mean. Make it a priority.
10. Take care of yourself. This includes everything from your physical appearance to the clothes you wear. Do your part to be an attractive mate.
For those of you who are married, we want to encourage you to review this list with your spouse and discuss the steps you can both take to make to improve your marriage.
If you are reading this column and you are not yet married, we strongly recommend pre-marital counseling. We suggested this to both of our married children and their spouses and they will readily tell you that it was valuable, enlightening, and set the foundation for the marriage they now enjoy.
Chris & Dan
Grateful Co-Publishers...and Loving Husbands
You can enjoy an amazing marriage, if you will focus on the little things that go into building a successful marriage.
|4/1-6/1||Playhouse on Park Announces 2014 -15 Main Stage and On The Edge Seasons|
|4/11 (7 days)||St. Paul Lutheran Church|
|4/16 (4 days)||Disney On Ice Princesses & Heroes|
|4/17||Disney On Ice Princesses & Heroes|
|4/17||FREE CITIZENSHIP CLASS|
|4/17||Cazzette at Pacha NYC Thursday April 17, 2014|
|4/18-4/25||April Vacation Camp for preschool through 8th grade|
|4/18||Disney On Ice Princesses & Heroes|
|4/18||Line Dance and Partner Dance Lessons|